Olympics Live Online

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Pyjamas






















Overheard this lady in Isetan asking the salesgirl for pyjamas. It's been a long long time since I heard of people buying these uniforms for bed time. I have never worn one before and I cannot imagine myself wearing long sleeve shirts and pants to sleep. I have always maintain my half naked policy for all my sleeping years.

I don't know who came up with the idea of a dress code for sleeping in your own bed. Do you have a bed security guard that will turn you away if you are not dressed for the occasion? It's already very tough trying to match what you wear for work during the day, and I don't wish to stress myself before sleeping. Plus it's extra laundry the morning after ...

Some people say you ought to have that loose and light clothings when you sleep ... ya, I am sure that 100% fat free cotton fabric is going to enhance your sleep 1000 percent. But you already have that blanket and the bedsheet and the pillow case, isn't that enough cloth already? And I don't think people in the past do this either, I have not read anything about cavemen changing their leopard skin underwear to rabbit fur before going to bed.

I think the people who believe your soul would travel out of your body during sleep, will find the pyjamas useful. It's like you may actually need to travel, so better dress properly in case you need to hold a meeting later. That's why most pyjamas look like office attires. Long sleeves stripes shirt with collars, cuffs and a pocket for your Mont Blanc pen. Come to think of it, it may be true, otherwise its hard to explain why you need pockets when you sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home